About WP Content Resharer (Free Version)
WP Content Resharer is a powerful marketing automation plugin that automatically shares your content on a pre-defined interval to ensure you stay active on social media, increase your followers, and generate more inbound traffic. Pleaes note that there are limited features in the Free version of this product compared to the Pro version.
Free vs. Pro Version
|FEATURE||FREE VERSION||PRO VERSION|
|Custom Post Schedule||Yes||Yes|
|Exclude Individual Posts||Yes||Yes|
|Integrated URL Shortener||Yes||Yes|
|Custom Post Content||Yes||Yes|
|Link / Title from Custom Field||Yes||Yes|
|Hashtags from Tags / Categories||Yes||Yes|
|Share with Image||Yes||Yes|
|Custom Post Types||Yes||Yes|
|Post to Multiple Accounts||No||Yes|
|Post to Facebook||No||Yes|
|Post to Linkedin||No||Yes|
As this is a premium plugin developed following WordPress guidelines, your server must meet the requirements for the plugin to perform the necessary processing. Here are the requirements:
- PHP Version 5.4 or greater (older PHP versions are NOT recommended or supported)
If you need to update your version of PHP, then please visit our documentation page describing how to do this.
The video overview below navigates through the functionality of the WP Content Resharer Pro plugin. Please watch the video and read through the documentation for instructions on how to configure the product.
WP Content Resharer Pro’s plugin settings can be found in Settings > Content Resharer Pro. On the plugin’s main Accounts page, you will see the social network accounts that have been connected.
The options found under Account Setup tab include:
- Account Name – a unique label that can be given to each connection – for example: Charlie’s Personal Twitter Account
- Account Type – The social network to connect (Twitter, Facebook, or Linkedin)
- Reshare frequency – sets how often a post will be shared (eg: every 2 hours, every 8 hours, etc.)
- Network API Keys / Tokens – specific inputs required based on the social network selected
Below is a screenshot of the Account Setup tab:
The options found under Account Content tab include:
- Content Type – the content string to be included when posting to the social network (i.e., the post’s Title, excerpt, or both)
- Connect to your social media account (Twitter, Facebook, or Linkedin)
- Set Hashtag type – None, From post custom field, First category, Specific hashtag
- Bitly URL Shortener – if you wish to use bit.ly URL shortener, enter the API token to enable for the respective account (optional)
- Include post link (URL) – you should definitely include the URL for maximum click-throughs back to your site
- Include featured image – whether or not to include the featured image (if available) when posting to the social network
Below is a screenshot of the Account Content tab:
The options found under Post Filters tab include:
- Set Minimum and Maximum age (in days) for reshare-eligible posts
- Share specific categories
- Share specific post types (post, page, etc)
Global Messages are one of the best parts of WP Content Resharer Pro. You can create as many custom messages as you need. When editing the message, you will see a preview that shows an preview example of the reshare content. Global Messages are optional and the plugin will post to the social networks regardless of whether any have been set.
Global Messages are default messages that will be applied to EVERY eligible post. They allow you to have custom syntax to ensure your posting remains unique across the channels since the plugin will loop through all eligible content. This sophisticated feature helps remix the messages shared across social networks. Below is an example of a Global Message that can be edited through the admin dashboard.
The options found under Messages tab include:
- Message Name – a unique name for personal reference to identify the global message
- Message Text – any text string that you’d like to add to the message of eligible posts
- Reshare Structure – the order or structure of the message (feel free to remix!)
- Message Preview – provides a visual of what the message would potentially look like when posted across social networks
Custom Messages per Post
Custom Messages take customization to the highest level. While Global Messages are used across every eligible post, Custom Messages (per post) are specific messages to be used when resharing an individual post. You can define these on a per-post basis giving more uniqueness to your content sharing on social networks. Robots are awesome BUT you want personality on social networks! Content Resharer Pro was designed to make your content sharing extremely human-like. Compliment this plugin with some of your own personalized tweets and watch the traffic drastically increase.
You can find the Custom Messages meta panel on the Edit Post screen. If you cannot see it, simply navigate to the top right hand corner and click “Screen Options”, and then enable the checkbox next to Custom Messages.
Below is a screenshot of the Custom Messages meta panel:
Within this meta panel, you can REMOVE specific global messages for the post, as well as ADD a new Custom Message only for that post. POWER AT YOUR FINGERTIPS!!!
See video starting at minute: 0:55
Not a feature in the Free version. See video starting at minute: 10:27
Not a feature in the Free version. See video starting at minute: 21:07
The changelog is a history of updates and changes to the plugin. It will document the features and fixes we’ve made to the plugin in the newest release so you can prepare when you update. Please backup your site before updating any plugin, theme, or WordPress.