Home Forums WP Related Posts Pro V1.0.7 floods error log with database errors

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #5085
    AvatarCharlie
    Keymaster

    I just noticed that since updating to V1.0.7 my error_log fills up with lots of “WordPress database error syntax error, unexpected ‘-‘” etc. If I deactivate the plugin the errors stop. This did not happen prior to the last update.

    Site functionality is not impacted (at least not that I can tell). Hence not urgent but definitely needing attention.

    #5094
    AvatarCharlie
    Keymaster

    Hello again :)

    The latest update comes with some great enhancements to the contextual relation method, but we needed to perform some setup functionality to achieve this. So in order to get the plugin to operate properly you must de-activate and re-activate the plugin.

    This will runt he step process and then all errors will be gone. We just added this into the Changelog notes so all users will know as well :)

    #5093
    Avataralternatewords
    Participant

    Hello as well,

    I am sorry to report that deactivating and reactivating the plugin does not resolve the issue. Tried that several times already.

    I went ahead and deleted the plugin and downloaded it again from codecanyon.net. For some reason though that version is still 1.0.6 (I just downloaded it a minute ago and uploaded it to my site). 1.0.6 works fine, no error_log entries. But as soon as I get the upgrade notification and upgrade to 1.0.7 the database errors start. No amount of deactivating and reactivating at this point solves it.

    #5092
    AvatarCharlie
    Keymaster

    Thats very strange.

    Code Canyon has yet to approve the 1.0.7 update which is why when you download it from them you are getting version 1.0.6. If you want to you can you use that version for now until we figure out what the error is exactly.

    If you can, is it possible to post a snippet of the messages you are receiving in your error log?

    I will have a look at why the setup process is not running when you activate the plugin. Are you running the plugin on a multisite or single site? What version of WordPress do you have?

    We are so sorry that this problem is affecting you, and we will be fixing it as soon as possible :)

    #5090
    AvatarCharlie
    Keymaster

    Thanks for that error log dump. I understand what is causing the problem now :)

    Just continue to use version 1.0.6 and I will e submitting an update shortly to fix this issue.

    #5089
    Avataralternatewords
    Participant

    Looking forward to the next update. Have a great rest of the weekend.

    #5088
    AvatarCharlie
    Keymaster

    After careful testing I was unable to replicate your errors. Using many different types of post content I was still unable to get the plugin to reproduce those errors. This is very strange since I even copied your content exactly and tested that and everything worked just fine.

    I have come up with a better way of perform the contextual relation that will work will all types of data. This latest update will be release later today.

    #5087
    Avataralternatewords
    Participant

    I just downloaded version 1.0.7 from codecanyon.net and the error_log entries stopped. It appears the issue has been resolved. Thank you so much.

    #5086
    AvatarCharlie
    Keymaster

    Great :)

    As always if you need anything else please let us know.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘WP Related Posts Pro’ is closed to new topics and replies.
-