July 4, 2016 at 7:53 pm #17832
I’ve been trying to set up my Facebook connection, but the walkthrough in the help section seems to be outdated. Is there a new walkthrough because I’m unable to connect and activate it.
Also, any plans for a Google+ connection?
ThanksJuly 5, 2016 at 10:24 am #17847
You’re right, Facebook has changed their interface. Here is an updated version of the instructions:
These directions will be shown from the perspective of creating a new application, but you can use an existing one.
1. Go to your Facebook developer applications page.
2. Click the “Add a New App” button and hit the “Website” icon when prompted.
3. Fill out a name for the application, then a hit “Create New Facebook App ID”.
4. Enter a contact email then choose a category then hit “Create App ID”.
5. Scroll down to the “Tell us about your website” section and enter in your website URL (i.e. http://mywebsite.com), then hit “Next”.
6. Scroll all the way up and hit the “Skip Quickstart” button at the top right of the page.
7. Navigate to the “App Review” menu page in the left side menu. Once inside, make sure the setting “Your app is in development and unavailable to the public” is set to “YES”, then hit “Confirm”. Also, make sure your application is Live and not in test mode, it should now say “Your app is currently live and available to the public”.
8. Navigate to the “Dashboard” menu page in the left side menu. You will need the following keys and tokens to connect your Facebook account to Content Resharer Pro. If you want to post to a page, then you will need to find your page ID.
App Secret (hit the “Show” button)July 5, 2016 at 2:09 pm #17868
Thank you for the updated walkthrough. I did that and it seems to have been set up, but now it’s saying “Not Connected: Link account” I clicked that link and connected my account giving it access to my facebook account and page, but the status hasn’t changed.
DustinJuly 5, 2016 at 2:19 pm #17869
Does it still say “Not Connected: Link account”?
Are you logged in at Facebook.com with the same account you created the App and you want Content Resharer Pro to post to?July 5, 2016 at 2:20 pm #17870
I just double checked and it still says “Not Connected: Link Account”
I am logged in to the same facebook account that I created the app with.July 5, 2016 at 2:31 pm #17871
Very strange, is there any additional error message?
If not, could you try to uninstall and then reinstall Content Resharer Pro?July 5, 2016 at 2:53 pm #17872
There’s no other error messages, I did receive a warning on Facebook when connecting. I don’t recall exactly what it said. I think it was along the lines of needing to get the app approved.
I will attempt to uninstall and reinstall the plugin later today and get back to you with the results.
DustinJuly 5, 2016 at 3:30 pm #17873
I see, do you remember changing the Facebook App from testing to live when you created it? (Step Nº 7)July 5, 2016 at 3:59 pm #17875
Yes I did.
This is what it says on the facebook app: Your app is currently live and available to the public.July 6, 2016 at 1:12 pm #17935This reply has been marked as private.July 6, 2016 at 2:10 pm #17936
Actually I just figured it out. I was using my custom facebook address and it needed the number so after I figured that out and tried it again it worked and says that the connection is good. Sorry for all the hassle. I should have known better.
Thank you!July 12, 2016 at 2:09 am #17956
Sorry to reopen this thread. After finally getting everything set up, I’m not actually seeing it post to Facebook at all. The plugin has posted to Twitter a few times here and there, but nothing on Facebook so far. Wasn’t sure if that was normal or because of the problems I had setting it up?
DustinJuly 12, 2016 at 9:33 am #17975
Does it post to Facebook when you click on “Reshare now”?July 12, 2016 at 2:17 pm #17978
I got the following error when I tried thatJuly 12, 2016 at 2:32 pm #17981
What happens when you go to Edit > Content tab > and uncheck Embed Link?
Try “Reshare now” this time and see if it works or if you get another error message.July 12, 2016 at 2:47 pm #17982
That worked! Thank you!
- The forum ‘WP Content Resharer Pro’ is closed to new topics and replies.