July 22, 2019 at 9:51 am #25410Brian HagmanParticipant
Can’t display ads. The plugin displays an end date of 1970 for any new ad being displayed. Can’t modify the end date for ads.July 22, 2019 at 10:31 am #25411Jay GajjarKeymaster
Hello Brian – While creating ad – Please make sure you navigate to the Display settings tab & select the end date that you would like & click on Save on the top right-hand side.
Additionally, we tested this on our end & we were not able to replicate the situation that you face. Also as we have not received any other similar tickets, we are inclined to think this might a plugin or theme conflict on your end.
After exhausting all other forms of debugging it might be best to check for plugin or theme conflicts. Plugin or theme conflicts can cause our product to function unexpectedly or not at all, which is why testing for this conflict is very important.
We recommend that you perform this test on your staging site and that you backup your site. If you do not have a staging site then you might not be able to perform this test as deactivating plugins or your theme will greatly impact the look and functionality of your site.
- Deactivate all other plugins on your site besides our plugin
- Test to see if the plugins features work as you would expect. If they do work then you have a plugin conflict. You should now activate each plugin on your site one by one until our plugin’s features do not work. This will help you determine what plugin exactly is causing the conflict.
- If our product still is not functioning properly, then you can try to deactivate your theme to see if there is a theme conflict. This is a last resort and should only be done if you have a staging site or your site has not gone live yet. If our product works after deactivating your theme then you have a theme conflicts, but if our product still does not work then it appears that our product has a bug.
- If you have completed all of these tests and our product does not function properly with a default WordPress theme like twenty seventeen and all plugins deactivated, then it seems that our product has a bug and we will continue to work with you to solve this issue.
Please let us know if you have any questions about this conflict testing procedure.
- The forum ‘WP Background Takeover’ is closed to new topics and replies.